Basil Seeds : 250 gms
This product is currently sold out.
- These seeds are also called sabja seeds, Arabic falooda seeds, Thai holy basil (which is apparently different from holy basil), Tulsi, selashi and turmaria. And are best known around the world for being the main ingredient in many sweet Asian drinks.
- They are often used in Ayurvedic and Siddha medicine in India and also Chinese medicine.
- They plump up just like chia seeds and can be used interchangeably in most recipes. I even throw them in my morning smoothies. Like chia seeds they don’t have much flavor which also makes the versatile.
- Cooling – they are cooling, which is why they are added to many cool drinks like falooda, rood afza, nimbu pani and sherbets.
- Colds etc. – they are good for sore throats, cold and respiratory disorders.
- Digestion – they can aid in digestion and relieve constipation.
- Stress relief – they can have a calming effect and can uplift your mood.
- Skin relief – they are good for skin infections.
- Weight loss – they can curb your appetite if you consume them in a gelatinous drink before a meal.